The Minor in Film and Media Studies requires a minimum of 18 hours in approved courses. As an interdisciplinary minor, students may take courses from several departments and choose among offerings that focus on different aspects of film, from production to analysis and cultural studies.
All Film and Media Studies Minors take the following courses:
- COM 120 Introduction to Film & Media Aesthetics
- COM 320 Media Theory and Criticism
- One course in Production (e.g. COM 247, COM 309, COM 316, or COM 310, ART 114 or 214 Digital Art I and II)
- One course in International Cinema (e.g. FRN, ITL, HIST, HMN, EAL)
- 6 additional hours in elective courses
- Please consult with the Film Studies Program Director for the complete up-to-date list of approved courses
Students pursuing internships in the film industry may also receive credit towards the Film Studies minor through FLM 101 or 102 Internship in Film Studies.
For a full list of offerings each semester, WFU students may subscribe to the Film and Media Studies list. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.